07 August 2015

Cotton wedding anniversary with Penny Black's "Delicate Florals"

Hi Everyone,

This is most probably my last post before the baby's arrival, hence please don't be surprised if this blog gets a bit quieter for the next few weeks, maybe months? I have no idea how quickly I will be ready to get back to crafting and blogging... Hopefully soon enough, as it's so nice and relaxing! However, my new little Bundle of Joy will be, of course, taking priority! :o)

Today I am sharing a 2nd wedding anniversary card I made for my hubby (and myself, LOL). I just HAD to use this Penny Black "Delicate Florals" stamp the moment I got it in the postbox, and I decided that - since the 2nd anniversary is "cotton" - I will try to use some cotton wool on the flowers. All my ProMarker colouring got covered that way, unfortunately, but the colour still peeks through the cotton wool bits, which I think gives quite a nice effect. Other than that, I decided to keep the card simple enough (yeah, I know, I did add some sequins!), as the hubby likes the "Keep it Simple, Stupid" rule ;o)

Since my fingers were already inky & crafty, and I had a lot of supplies out, I also made another card using the same stamp, with a completely different effect & technique - I will have a feeling this will be my "go to" stamp set for a while now! I will share this at some point, surely! 

In the meantime, have a peek at my anniversary card and let me know what you think of the "cotton" idea:





I am entering the card into the following challenges:
I Love ProMarkers - In the garden
Passion for ProMarkers - Summer Lovin
Penny Black August challenge - Hot summer colours
Penny Black and More - Summer Flowers
Sparkle and Shine - Challenge 11, photo inspiration


Take care!

M.


Top 5 Passionista Blinkie

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty and the cotton effect is lovely. Thanks for joining us over at PFP this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love how you did the flowers. Thanks for joining us at Sparkle & Shine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Mirella. I love the delicate image and colours. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my! I absolutely love this! what a fabulous idea and great use of medias.
    Thank you for playing along with us over on the PFP challenge blog xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab idea, Mirella, using the cotton wool on the flowers to represent your 2nd anniversary! Love the CAS design too. Thanks for joining in with my challenge this week at Passion for Promarkers! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very pretty card.
    Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at Passion for Promarkers
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful card! The flowers go perfectly and add so much interest and dimension to the card. Congrats on the little one on the way and thanks for playing along with the Sparkle & Shine Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea to use cotton on the flowers. Looks fabulous!
    Wishing your little family all the best. Enjoy every moment with the little one, they grow up way too fast!
    Thanks so much for linking up with us at Penny Black and More! Maybe you'll find some time to join us again next month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful idea and so beautifully done too.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such an effective and elegant card, many thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...